- In April, Bynes was arrested on suspicion of a DUI when she allegedly hit a police car in West Hollywood.
- Bynes was accused of a hit and run in August after allegedly rear-ending a woman in the San Fernando Valley and then driving away without giving the woman her insurance information. This hit-and-run caused another hit-and-run case against the actress to be reopened
- Bynes was pulled over on September 10 for driving at night without her headlights on
- On September 11, Bynes was videotaped driving and smoking from a pipe shaped like a car’s cigarette lighter.
- A neighbor of Bynes told TMZ he has seen the actress engage in long conversations with inanimate objects.
- A fellow Equinox gymgoer told TMZ that Amanda was in the gym last Thursday looking dazed and talking to herself. Another Equinox member said Amanda stopped suddenly on her elliptical machine and start “laughing hysterically for no reason.”
- Bynes’ car was impounded on Sunday after she was pulled over in the early morning driving around aimlessly in an airport parking lot on a suspended driver’s license.
- Bynes locked herself in a boutique’s dressing room in West Hollywood for almost two hours on Monday, TMZ reports. A clerk became so concerned another employee was called, but Bynes still would not come out, saying “I need more time.” Bynes emerged, bought a few items, then realized he was also still wearing some of the clothes she had tried on. She then paid for those, too. One of the clerks told someone on the scene: “I was so worried about her. I didn’t know what she was doing in [the dressing room]. I didn’t know if she was overdosing, or doing drugs or what.